Monday 1 July 2013

Sunday 30th. Day1: JOG to Loch Loyal

Great meal in the Seaview Hotel last night and met Wilie Miller from Wick. He was passing through with about 20 guys on his nephew's stag do and trying to persuade me to go to Wick for a night out. Would have been a night to remember but probably not a good idea with 900 miles to cycle.


So, it's was off to Duncansby Head to start. Many people don't  do this bit (extra 4 miles) but if you're going to finish at the cliff edge at Lands End, to be a true 'End to Ender' I think you need to start at the cliff edge


It was quite a brutal start  to the trip. Very strong headwinds meaning at times I was reduced to 6ph and at others doing 40 downhill. By the time I got to Tongue (63 miles) I was knackered. Stopped at the Ben Loyal hotel to charge the phone so had a couple of pints and Lemmon drizzle cake with custard while I waited. Great views of Ben Loyal from here .


Only another 5 miles or so to the intended place to camp by the side of Loch Loyal. Was I being shown the way ?





No comments:

Post a Comment