Monday 8 July 2013

Sunday 7th July: Day 8, Galgate to south of Whitchurch- 84 miles

I left the New Inn about 9.30 after a fine breakfast and headed on down a not too busy A6 towards Preston, then navigating through the city centre out to Wigan along the B5254/A5083 then picking up the start of the A49 to Warrington. Nothing much to report except the day was about getting south as quickly as possible and back to the countryside. All became a lot greener after Warrington and I stopped at a couple of pubs to see how Andy Murray was getting on, but couldn't really hang about.

The only pic I took today. Great weather!

It was now late and time for the usual 'where am I going to eat and sleep tonight'. The mobile battery was seriously low but got a quick answer from a campsite just 15 mins away off the A41 and £10 a night. Unfortunately, while i was cooking, a group of gypsy teenagers arrived on the other side of the fence and spent ages laughing at how small my tent was. I felt I was a curious exhibit in a human zoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment